JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
RoleCredit Technology is focussed on delivering best in class IT solutions to the Credit Trading business where JP Morgan is a market leader.
We are a team of around 300 people globally that partner closely with the quant research group and face off directly to the trading desks.
Our core strength is providing technical expertise and software development skills that directly affect the ability of our business to generate revenue and remain the dominant player in the market.
We are committed to hiring the brightest and best technical experts and in return can offer roles with direct trading and quant interaction on projects from electronic and algorithmic trading to grid based computation of real-time risk metrics.We are looking to hire an associate level software engineer in New York to work on Risk, P&L and Market data.
The candidate will be primarily work on pricing, risk, P&L calculation application for Credit Exotics and Hybrid products written in C++ and also help on transitioning to Athena.
Athena is the strategic risk, pricing, and trade management platform created at JP Morgan and is designed to enable rapid innovation.
It is a Python based platform that offers Technologists, Quantitative Analysts and Risk Managers a cross-asset portfolio of models, frameworks and tools to use in building financial applicationsThe role will combine all aspects of software development from design and build to deployment, working within a team of experienced technologists.
It requires an expertise in creating high quality and reusable components in a service-oriented architecture that will be leveraged by a variety of teams across Credit Technology as well as for direct deliveries to the desk.
The successful candidate must be comfortable working as a developer in a high pressure, challenging role with a focus on solving business problems via technology in a fast changing environment: time to market is critical, but without compromising on quality or performance.Key Responsibilities * Develop robust, performant pricing, trading and risk systems including building new applications & enriching existing applications using the most suitable technology choices.
Align development with the overall Credit trading strategy.
* Work across entire software development lifecycle - requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, handover to operate teams.
* Work closely with the Quant team to develop pricing and analytic components in Python/Athena * Enhance the team by demonstrating best practice throughout the software development lifecycle: testing, code review, accurate status reporting, focus on application resilience and "silent running".What do we offer? * A diverse, inclusive and flexible environment.
* Direct Exposure to a strategic technology platform that spans multiple functions and asset classes * Fast paced, dynamic environment with significant opportunities for career growth * Close partnership with Credit BusinessSkills profile * Strong analytical development skills, solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and experience in real-time, resilient, high performance and/or risk and pricing and/or eTrading areas.
* Writing tests, object modelling and refactoring * Creative, quick-thinking, pragmatic, with an aptitude for solving problems with technology and an ability to quickly translate requirements into a sound technical design and implementation.
* Proven organisational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, excellent verbal & written communication skills.Knowledge/Experience * The ideal candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in Computer Science, Maths or related engineering discipline * Strong technology generalist - experience building highly performant and resilient enterprise applications used within a high performance/realtime environment * Experience working in a team with a strong software development process (build, test, deploy etc) * Experience of developing in Python, C++ is preferred, but not necessary * A desire to learn more about the Credit BusinessJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P.
Morgan and Chase brands.
Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: Jersey City, MA
How to Apply