Wholesale Payments - Vice President, Marketing Data Engineer Lead - Marketing Data
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Wilmington, VA - May 13, 2022
Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across Banking, Markets & Investor Services.
The CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.Role Summary:The Data & Analytics team within CIB Marketing has been building our data warehouse and we are looking for an individual who can lead the completion and ongoing maintenance of the platform Ongoing platform enhancements include bringing in new data sources to the warehouse, creating reports through Tableau, refining existing reporting dashboards, onboarding additional tools and extracting new insights.We are looking for a savvy Data Engineer to work with our Data and Technology teams.
This role requires data engineering, data architect and advanced analytics skills.
The successful candidate will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data warehouse and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection.
The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
They will support our data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects.
They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple systems.
The successful candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and expanding our team's data architecture to build and continuously iterate on our data warehouse to the pave way for advanced analytics.RESPONSIBILITIES * Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
* Connect analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
* Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
* Support the analytics team in defining the technology roadmap to underpin advanced analytics and data science.
* Analyze data across multiple channels to identify patterns.
* Develop our predictive models for gauging global content demand, optimizing marketing channels and building customer intelligence.
* Create new metrics and KPIs that effectively guide the business and deploy effective dashboards to surface them to Marketers.
* Leverage Data Science tools such as Python, Qlik, Machine Learning etc.
to build consistent and accurate analysis.KEY SKILLS/EXPERIENCES * Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
* Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
* Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
* Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
* Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
* A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
* Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
* Strong project management and organizational skills.
* Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
* An understanding of software development best practice for production systems.
* Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical colleagues and practically deliver a data science solution to a business problem.Qualifications * 4+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role * Expertise in Datorama * Expertise with Azure Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services, PowerBi, or Alteryx * Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
* Experience setting up Tableau dashboard preferred * Experience with Analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics.
* Experience with Python, R and C# would be advantageous.
* Knowledge and experience of architectures to support advanced analytics and data science would be advantageous.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P.
Morgan and Chase brands.
Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
Huxley Banking & Financial Services
Kansas City, IA