T-Mobile moves fast, innovates rapidly, and maintains laser focus on delivering the best customer experiences in any industry.
As a key member of Portals and Platform team for T-Mobile for Business, Product & Technology organization, Product Manager, Technical will envision, ideate and propose customer experiences, drive the roadmap and prioritization among multiple competing needs to realize the customer and business value for T-Mobile for Business customer segments.The Product Manager, Technical is a visionary, strategist, analyst, customer evangelist, respected leader of business and technology execution, and professional relationship builder all rolled into a single dynamic package.
Every product at T-Mobile is envisioned and created to achieve a specific business purpose or set of business results.
The Product Manager, Technical is ultimately accountable, responsible, and has ownership of T-Mobile's internal and external products, platforms, services, experiences envisioned and created to achieve the specific business purpose or business results.
At a high level this means identifying the intersection of customer problems/unmet needs (an opportunity), technical feasibility, business objectives, securing funding, and leading a cross-functional business and technical team, as well as key stakeholders to deliver against the opportunity.The Product Manager, Technical is the ultimate "jack-of-all-trades" leveraging deep customer empathy, strategic thinking, commercial, analytical, technical capability and knowledge, and leadership prowess to successfully deliver delightful and differentiated products that drive growth and positively impact customers lives.No day is the same for the Product Manager, Technical.
Day to day activities or responsibilities include: conducting market research; writing features or user stories; determining specifications; defining long-term strategy of the product; creating the product road map; driving technical delivery end to end; defining scope for releases/product increments; partnering with development, project/program management, marketing, and other key stakeholders to define release schedule; and support/drive go-to-market activities as needed.Responsibilities Vision, Strategy, and AnalysisOwns product end to end for products or features with moderate level of complexity and scope.
This includes creating, managing, maintaining, and communicating, influencing and selling ideas, product vision and roadmap including technical vision and capabilities.Conducts analysis of quantitative and qualitative data to identify product innovation opportunities or root cause of issues, and assess opportunity size and impact.Leverages rapid hypothesis driven testing methodologies and experiments to inform direction, prioritize investment.Conducts cost-benefit / ROI / NPV analysis, to support decision making.
Customer EvangelistLeverages customer insights for product vision, strategy, roadmap, priorities.Create, manage, foster an active VOC feed for themselves and teamEvangelizes and advocates for the customer both internally and externally, perpetuating the customer-first mindset.Tests ideas with real customers to ensure that the product delivers the desired benefit.Product Execution & Technical DeliveryTranslates product/platform strategy by writing detailed features and user stories consumable for Dev teams for moderately complex products.
This work may include creation of prototypes.
Owns and manages product backlog and priorities with our business and technology partners.
Backlog at this level typically serves 1 - 4 Agile / Scrum / Sprint teams.
Collaborates with Architecture and Dev teams to ensure technical debt and long term technical investment is factored into roadmap.Generates and maintains dashboards and reports that track product health and success metrics, technical KPI's.
Assists with the overall execution relating to all aspects of the software development process, from defining the strategy and architecture through deployment and support.
Communicates technical challenges to stakeholders and makes educated trade-off decisions based on those challenges.
Accountable for product quality and performance in production environment.
Accountable for product team response in event of critical or high impacting defect, including communications to stakeholders at all levels.Identify execution, operational, organizational issues that impede product success.
Drive improvement plan to change or resolve issues (within sphere of influence).
Runs or contributes significantly to key Agile practices and ceremonies: Program Increment (PI) Planning / Big Room Planning; System Demo; Inspect and Adapt (I&A), etc., efficient just-in-time flow; lean practices; elimination of waste; DevOps CICDRelationship & People, Professional DevelopmentCollaborates and develops positive working relationships with many technical and non-technical teams, including sales, commercial accounting, marketing, legal, go-to-market, finance, Dev, Architecture, Engineering.
Works with outside partners and other third parties.
Develops positive working relationships with Customer groups or Customer RepresentativesDevelops adoption tools and training material.
Manages development of adoption tools and training materials for Technical Product Management team.Qualifications • 3+ years' experience in hands on technical role writing production code, solution engineering, or technical architecture in large scale company / application / product environment.
• 5+ years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment.
• Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools.
• Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.
• Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
• Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest.
• Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives as Product Manager or lead technology role.
• Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
• Fluent with SQL, Tableau, other analytical solutions like SAS, SPSS.
• Knowledge of full technology stack on which your assigned product runs.
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to identify/analyze/synthesize product use data.• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences including executives and non-technical leaders.
Preferred:• Business to Business Product Management experience.Education• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent experience.
• Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO) or Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) • Preferred education in business administration or data scienceTravel• May require up to 10% of domestic overnight travel within the region, and occasional trips to the Bellevue Headquarters.Minimum Qualifications 3+ years' experience in hands on technical role writing production code, solution engineering, or technical architecture in large scale company / application / product environment.5+ years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment.Proven success in delivering software with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools.Strong requirements elicitation, and proven writing skills including the ability to write concisely and clearly for different audiences.Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.Experience with successive elaboration and ability to develop Initiatives, Features and User Stories that the DevOps teams can ingest.Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives as Product Manager or lead technology role.Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.Fluent with SQL, Tableau, other analytical solutions like SAS, SPSS.Knowledge of full technology stack on which your assigned product runs.Education:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent experience.Scrum Product Owner Certification (CSPO) or Agile CertifiedManages development of adoption tools and training materials for Technical Product Management team.Company Profile As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc.
(NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation.
The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value.
Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA.
provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile.
T-Mobile USA, Inc.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated.
Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.
How to Apply
Follow the application procedure at stackoverflow.com for more info.