Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory - Physics
Lawrence Berkeley National Lab’s (LBNL) Physics Division has an opening for a Post Baccalaureate Fellow to join the team.
In this exciting role, you will become familiar with research activities regarding the development, construction, and testing of Silicon tracking detectors for use at the Large Hadron Collider.
What You Will Do: * Observe and learn from research in the LBNL ATLAS group on the development, construction, and testing of the Silicon strip tracking detector components and modules.
Participate in aspects of R&D related to tracking for the ATLAS detector at the CERN LHC.
* Attend Physics scientific seminars and research seminars at UCB, participate remotely in regular meetings with ATLAS collaborators both US and worldwide.
* Observe and review the preparation of documentation, learn about setting up data acquisition for testing and assembly of components for silicon detectors.
Learn to test the prototypes that are built.
* Become familiar with the relevant concepts and procedures through reading/searching the literature, discussions with scientists, seminars, and comparisons with a variety of specifications.
* Become familiar with the process for preparing reports, manuscripts, and other documentation as needed for publication and/or for presentation at seminars and scientific conferences.
What is Required: * Bachelor’s Degree in Physics, Applied Physics, Computer Science, or a related field within the last 24 months.
* Knowledge of Silicon tracking detectors.
* Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to document and maintain notes or records with strong attention to detail.
The following requested application materials listed below must be submitted through Academic Jobs Online: 1.
Statement of Interest 2.
Curriculum Vitae 3.
Reference Letters - Arrange to have at least 2 letters of reference submitted online by the reference writers at this site, with at least one external to LBNL/UC Berkeley.
Notes: * This is a full time, 1 year, term appointment with the possibility of extension or conversion to Career appointment based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs.
* This position may be subject to a background check.
Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position.
Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
* Berkeley Lab is committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accountability (IDEA) and strives to hire individuals from different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives who share these same values and commitments.
* Work will be primarily performed at Lawrence Berkeley National Lab, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.
Berkeley Lab is in compliance with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision under 41 CFR 60-1.4.
Click here to view the poster and supplement: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law." Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory encourages applications from women, minorities, veterans, and other underrepresented groups presently considering scientific research careers.
Deadline: Wed, 30 Jun 2021 23:59:59 EDT
(1 day left)
How to Apply
Please follow the application procedure at academicjobsonline.org for more info.
Physics Associate II - ATLAS (Job ID 2692)
Postdoc - Neutrino Physics and Cold Electronics (Job ID 2673)
Postdoc Research Associate – High Energy Physics(Job ID 2593)
Postdoc Research Associate – Nuclear/High-Energy Physics(Job ID 2649)