JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A.
As a senior level member of our Database Management team, you have the opportunity to learn - and make a difference - at one of the world's most innovative financial firms.
In this role, you'll gain critical experience analyzing, designing, installing and configuring database management systems.
You'll collaborate with some of the best technologists in the industry, and cultivate a powerful network of colleagues from around the world.
You'll exercise your innovative idea to automated solutions with focus on customer self-service and your solutions will impact and improve operations for your colleagues and our clients.
Your responsibilities will span monitoring, incident management, and risk control, performance tuning, patching, upgrades and migration.This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including: * BS/BA degree or equivalent experience * Experience architecting, supporting and implementing advanced, strategic database management systems * Demonstrated ability to drive Agile development and implement automated process to improve database system reliability * Advanced knowledge of IT infrastructure, with a background in applications administration in a Hadoop/HDFS environment.
* Experience troubleshooting, understanding of system's capacity, bottlenecks, basics of memory, CPU, OS, storage, and networks.
* Experience fine tuning applications and systems for high performance and higher volume throughput * Excellent knowledge of Linux as Hadoop runs on Linux.
* Implementation and support experience with the Enterprise Hadoop environment.Responsibilities: * Performance tuning in environment likes BigData/Cloud (AWS) and RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server etc.,)Handling Hadoop Log Files * Supervising Hadoop jobs using scheduler.
* Performing cluster coordination services via Zookeeper.
* Assist MapReduce programs running on the Hadoop cluster.
* Pre-processing using Hive and Pig.
* Responsible for troubleshooting and development on Hadoop technologies like HDFS, Hive, Pig, Flume, MongoDB, Accumulo, Sqoop, Zookeeper, Spark, MapReduce2, YARN, HBase, Tez, Kafka, and Storm.
* Translate, load and exhibit unrelated data sets in various formats and sources like JSON, text files, Kafka queues, and log data.
* Fine tune applications and systems for high performance and higher volume throughput * Include DBA Responsibilities like data modeling, design and implementation, software installation and configuration, database backup and recovery, database connectivity and security.
* WorkShift: Willing to work on weekends / off hours as required.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P.
Morgan and Chase brands.
Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law.
In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Location: Houston, TX
How to Apply
Wholesale Payments Data and Analytics - Data Scientist Lead, VP