Cornell University, The Scheinman Institute on Conflict ResolutionNew York City, NY
Position is located in New York, NY, within the ILR School located at 570 Lexington Ave The School of Industrial and Labor Relations at Cornell University has an immediate opening for an Extension Associate – Director of Human Resource Professional Development Programs in the Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution in the Extension/Outreach Division.
The position of Extension Associate within the Scheinman Institute is responsible for a range of training, content development, research and in-person and virtual programming focused on growing Scheinman Institute HR professional development programs including HR on-site and public, Leadership on-site and public, and HR Leadership, as well as creating opportunities for new on-site custom program clients.
Extension Associate is a non-tenure track, academic term position with an initial appointment through September 30, 2021.
The position may be reappointed based on available funding and work with recommendations by the Academic Director and Associate Dean.
This position will report to the Director of the Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution.
More information about the ILR School can be obtained at our web site, http://www.ilr.cornell.edu and the Scheinman Institute at https://www.ilr.cornell.edu/scheinman-institute Required Qualifications: * Master’s degree in related subject matter expertise (industrial psychology, human resource management, leadership) and/or some combination of related degree/formal training and/or related professional work * Demonstrated experience developing educational programs and providing professional development instruction for supervisors and mid-level managers.
* Relevant professional leadership and network development at the state, regional, national, and/or international areas in relevant professional, trade, policy, or public networks.
* Minimum of three to six years teaching related courses in professional or college-level environment, conducting training to relevant target audience, and/or conducting research in the thematic content area.
* Demonstrated writing ability and scholarly record in the thematic content area (articles in peer-reviewed journals, articles in trade publications, research and project reports, informational brochures, policy briefs, etc.).
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in collaborative environments and to contribute to the innovation and outcome success of a team.
Preferred Qualifications: * Minimum of one to three years demonstrated experience in large project management (e.g.
several staff and budgets exceeding $500,000).
* Minimum of one to three years demonstrated experience in promoting thematic area program teaching, consultation, and research services to regional, state, or national networks through the use of in-person, print, and electronic mediums.
* Demonstrated experience in leading teams and mentoring, coaching, and supervising teaching personnel: three to five years preferred.
* Professional credentials in disciplinary area, such as appropriate state and national licensure, certifications, etc.
* Professional coaching credential preferred.
* Minimum of one to three years demonstrated experience in successful grant writing and grant management.
* Minimum of one to three years’ experience with distance learning.
This is a non-tenure track academic benefits eligible term opportunity based at the ILR NYC Extension office located at 570 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022.
During the COVID restrictions, this position will work remotely, until such time that the remote work restrictions are lifted based on University and unit guidelines.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Interested parties should submit a vita and letter of application describing qualifications and research agenda, and teaching experience.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage.
We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
How to Apply
Follow the application procedure at academicjobsonline.org for more info.