House of Representatives, Legislative Branch
Incumbent serves as a key technical resource and is a senior advisor to management on all technical issues related to the sustainment of various server platforms supporting applications of the U.S.
House of Representatives.
Who You AreYou’re the complete package: A “visionary” engineer capable of providing guidance to leaders on infrastructure modernization efforts, as well as playing an integral role in the mentoring and growth of new engineers.
You will come equipped with both dev-ops and programming experience, which you would have acquired over at least 8 - 10 years within the field.
The ideal candidate must be current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones our organization should implement.
You must also have: · Demonstrated senior level knowledge in network and desktop operating systems.
Strong experience in Linux as well as Windows based infrastructure is required to be successful in this role.· Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Web systems architecture, configuration management, access and security controls, and hardware and software installation, maintenance and support.
· Demonstrated knowledge of networking layers of a web application to be able to efficiently debug issues at any layer.
· Proven experience in containerizing existing and setting up container-based infrastructure.
· Demonstrated experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
· Demonstrated leadership skill in leading projects; proven experience with time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
· Strong knowledge in DNS, CDN and managing SSL Certificates.
· Proven experience in working with automation tools like Ansible and proficiency in creating bash scripts.
· Proven ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with elected officials, senior staff, information systems professionals and non-technical users.
· Must be able to secure and maintain Federal Government security clearances as deemed appropriate by senior management.
· Ability to work additional hours as necessary and provide 24x7 pager support.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent work experience.
Your Team The CAO’s House Web Services group hosts and maintains hundreds of web applications for Representatives, Leadership, and offices, both public and internal.
Web Services’ mission is to provide robust modern web development services for the House community to be able to better service their constituencies.
The Web Services department seeks a motivated web and application programmer to help develop, implement, support and maintain web applications and services for the House.
The individual would assist in supporting the House intranet, the public House Drupal platform, as well as many other web systems and applications.
Qualified candidates should exhibit a passion for learning and solving technological challenges and the desire to apply modern technical solutions to the diverse legislative, constituent, and oversight responsibilities of Congress.
(14 days left)
Salary: 118K-149K Per Year
Location: Washington DC, DC
How to Apply