The Kroger Company
Department: SMITHS PharmacyPost End Date: 02/20/2021Position Type: EmployeePosition Reports To: Pharmacy ManagerPosition Supervises: N/APay Level: 80A1FLSA Status: Exempt
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Achieve sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Support the day-to-day functions of the department operations. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal health and civil codes.
- Adhere to all state and federal guidelines regarding annual licensing and restrictions on dispensing drugs.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Consult with patients regarding possible side effects of medications, proper administration of medications, potential drug/food or drug/drug interactions.
- Consult with the prescriber on matters affecting appropriateness of drug therapy.
- Follow the approved efficiency and accuracy procedures when filling prescriptions.
- Administer immunizations under defined protocols.
- Provide direct patient clinical services including patient coaching services and medication therapy management.
- Monitor/maintain patient profiles.
- Monitor inventory levels to insure adequate service levels.
- Perform daily operational duties under the direction of the pharmacy manager.
- Follow department policies, procedures, and best practices for all pharmacy operations.
- Understand and perform cashier functions.
- Increase knowledge and maintain current medication information.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA privacy regulations.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Board of Pharmacy license
- Compliant with Continuing Education (CE) requirements
- APhA Immunization Certified
- Current healthcare provider CPR certification
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Three years in retail pharmacy
- APhA Diabetes management certification
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing.
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click [here](https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/doc/custom/Kroger/Kroger_Leadership_PosterLetter_FA.pdf).
Education Level: Pharmacy Degree (BS-Pharmacy/PharmD) RequiredRequired Travel: NoneRequired Certifications/Licenses: Pharmacy Board LicenseRegions: Mountain
States: New Mexico Keywords:
How to Apply